Table of Contents
Fleas can create major issues for Los Angeles residents and their pets. They can invade your home when you adopt a new pet. The wildlife around your property can also bring them into your home. Most people do not understand that fleas can create problems for pets and people. Therefore, you can brush off the problem if you’re not a pet owner. These pests can make you seriously sick by spreading several illnesses, including typhus. Our company can help eliminate these pests. We serve Los Angeles, California and all nearby areas so contact us.
Which Fleas Are Found In Los Angeles?
A handful of flea species can be found in California, but you’re primarily going to need to worry about cat fleas. These fleas are commonly found in our area. Cat fleas create major issues for the residents of Los Angeles. They are roughly an eighth of an inch and flat. They can easily slip through cracks and gaps without being grabbed by fingers. They’ll also be able to avoid your dog’s nails. Their unique body shape allows them to effortlessly slide through hair and fur. You may suspect cat fleas only bother cats but this isn’t the case. Instead, cats are going to attack a wide assortment of animals. For instance, they’ll impact dogs, skunks, foxes, and more.
Although it is rare, fleas can sometimes enter houses that do not have animals.
Primary Concerns Of Flea Bites
Remember that flea bites can lead to major issues. If the problem isn’t addressed immediately, your pet may experience severe repercussions. Since your dog is going to be scratching constantly, there is a risk he is going to lose fur. In addition to this, the dog may experience flea allergy dermatitis which is caused by the proteins found in the pest’s saliva. Large infestations can lead to bigger problems. It could lead to anemia and severe blood loss. Unfortunately, some infestations will cause tapeworms and death.
Preventing Flea Infestations
Don’t ignore a flea infestation because it could lead to severe problems. Eradicating an infestation won’t be easy. Therefore, you should do what you can to keep these pests out of your home. It is easier to keep them out than it is to eliminate them. You can’t stop all of them but you can make it harder for them. Therefore, you’ll want to use the tips below to keep fleas out of your home.
- It is wise to reconsider getting a new pet. If you do, you need to carefully inspect the animal to make sure it doesn’t have fleas. Otherwise, you’re going to bring them home with you.
- Pet owners need to make sure that their pets use anti-parasite medications designed to control and prevent fleas.
- Mowing your grass is pertinent. Be sure to keep your grass at least 3 inches or lower.
- Never feed wildlife around your home. They might have fleas so you’ll want to keep them away from your home.
- Protect your decks and porches by using heavy wire. Install it around the bottom so wildlife cannot climb under.
- Try washing your pet’s clothes and bedding several times each week.
- Be sure to vacuum areas where your pet sleeps. Doing so can help get rid of fleas and flea eggs.
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to eliminate the risk. You can make it more difficult for these pests to invade your home. Don’t delay getting assistance and know that we’re always here to help. When you’re ready to begin, contact our Los Angeles office. After your call, expect to hear from us within 24 to 48 hours.